The seventh edition of the RLC Saquib Rizvi Memorial National Moot Court Competition was held at the College premises from Friday October 09 to Sunday, October, 11 2015. The Competition was inaugurated by His Excellency Alejandro Zothner Meyer, the Deputy Consul General of the Republic of Argentina. Besides being a diplomat, H. E. Meyer is also an accomplished lawyer and has practiced International law.
Thirty two Law Schools and Colleges from all over India were selected and invited to participate in the Moot Competition. The participating Colleges were:
1. Sastra University, Thanjavur
2. National Law School, Gauhati, Assam
3. School Of Excellence in Law, Dr.Ambedkar Law University, Chennai
4. Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai
5. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
6. Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
7. College of Legal Studies, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
8. National Law University, Bhopal
9. Army Institute of Law, Mohali. Punjab
10. M.S. Ramaiah College of Law, Bangaluru
11. Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
12. ILS Law College, Pune
13. University School of Law and Legal Studies, GGS Indraprastha University, Delhi
14. Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
15. University Institute of Legal Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh
16. Amity Law School, Noida
17. National Law University, Odisha.
18. RTMNU’S Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College of Law
19. Symbiosis Law School, Pune
20. CMR Law School, Bengaluru
21. Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS), GGSIPU, Delhi
22. National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
23. University Five Year Law College, University of Rajasthan
24. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law , Patiala
25. Government Law College, Mumbai
26. Law Centre II, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
27. Dr. RML National Law University, Lucknow
28. Hidayatullah National Law University, New Raipur, Chattisgarh
29. Chanakya National Law University, Patna
30. Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh College Of Law, Amaravati
31. VES Law College, Mumbai
32. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
The inauguration and the researchers test were held on October 09, 2015. The preliminary rounds were held from 09.00 am onwards in as many as eight moot court rooms. A large number of lawyers including some of the alumni participated as judges. The quarter finals and the semi finals rounds were held in the noon. The invited judges were senior counsels and attorneys. Those teams who did not qualify for the quarter finals were treated to a lecture on International law by His Excellency Alejandro Zothner Meyer. H. E. spoke on the Argentinean foreign policy and Falkland War. The evening ended up with a gala party at the hotel Executive Enclave in Bandra. The students were also accommodated at the same hotel.
The final round of the National Moot was held on Sunday, October 11, 2015. The participating teams who qualified for the finals were the School of Excellence in Law, Dr. Ambedkar University of Law, Chennai and the Damodaran Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakapatnam. The Judges were Hon’ble Shri Justice Ramesh Deokinandan Dhanuka, Hon’ble Shri Justice Nitin M. Jamdar, Hon’ble Justice Dr. (Smt.) Shalini Shashank Phansalkar-Joshi, all sitting judges from the High Court of Bombay. After a lengthy argument, the School of Excellence in Law, Dr. Ambedkar University of Law, Chennai emerged victorious. The team consisted of Niveda C. P., Gopika S, as speakers and Sharon Elizabeth V. S,. as researcher. The team from the Damodaran Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakapatnam consisted of Geetanjali Bisht and Amandeep Singh as speakers and Ryan Singh was the researcher. The winners got the plaque, a cash prize of Rs. 40,000/- and subscription of the SSC Online for a year while the runners up got a plaque and a cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- and the subscription of the SSC online for six months.
The Best speaker prize consisting of Rs. 10,000/- was bagged by Gopika S. of the the School of Excellence in Law, Dr. Ambedkar University of Law, Chennai and the Best Researcher award consisting of Rs. 10,000/- went to Shiksha Srivastava from the Chanakya National Law University, Patna.